~ Please note ~
Coronavirus (COVID19) guidance
To reduce the transmission of the illness and subsequent impact on the health and social care system, please follow this advice:
- If you have developed the following symptoms: fever (≥37.8C or 100F) OR new continuous cough OR loss or change to your taste/smell - you must self-isolate for 7 days from the onset of symptoms
- If you are living with someone with anyone who is symptomatic - you must self-isolate (quarantine) for 14 days (subsequently, if you develop symptoms you must self-isolate for 7 days)
- Patients in the highest risk group who have received a letter should continue to practice shielding
- Everyone should regularly wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face
- Look after your mental and physical wellbeing - see our website for resources
- Follow the current guidance on social distancing and for essential workers and those who cannot work at home at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Anyone symptomatic aged 5 years or older can ask for a coronavirus test - go to https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or call NHS111
- If you are an essential worker or have an employer's verification code to ask for a coronavirus test - go to https://www.gov.uk/apply-coronavirus-test-essential-workers
- See the following website for additional advice: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Use the following website to find out what to do if you have concerns about coronavirus https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ before calling NHS111 or your GP.
ONLY ATTEND THE PRACTICE IF YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED IN OR HAVE AN APPOINTMENT.
B12 and Sustanon Self Injecting Instructions
This is a self-help video to instruct patients who have injections of B12 and Sustanon how to do this at home. Supplies of the sharps bin, needles and syringes are available from Gunns Pharmacy. This can be arranged via the Practice pharmacy team/Practice Nurses or directly from the pharmacy. In the unlikely event that you should experience any issues with the site post injection, such as redness, irritation or pain, please contact BHWC or out of hours GP services asap for advice.